We have taken enough trips to the beach recently that I have come up with the perfect packing list of essentials. Grab the sunscreen, sandals and these other goodies to keep you feeling cool in the summer heat.
- First thing’s first – you have to start with a great bag. I love this tote from Christian Dior (linked a fun budget friendly option here)
- A chic towel. This one is Louis Vuitton, but I linked a cute one from this season here.
- Hydration station – I chug a ton of water whenever I am out in the sun, so I always need a good water bottle handy.
- I simply can’t live without this Elta MD sunscreen! It isn’t greasy and doesn’t irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I make sure to cover my face, neck, hands and décolletage.
- My eyes are super sensitive to light, so I always have a good pair of sunnies on hand. This set from Gucci goes with everything. I also love Mareine sunglasses for a more affordable, yet still chic, option.
- Colorescience powder sunscreen makes reapplying over a breeze and helps me keep a finished, more matte look throughout the day.
- Wella Natural Skin Lip Butter. I suffered through dry lips in the heat for years until someone told me to exfoliate my lips and put this magic gloss on top of them. It lasts all day and keeps my lips moist no matter how hot and dry it is out there!
- Revision intellishade tinted moisturizer is my daily shield against the sun. It gives me the SPF and coverage I need.
- Like most people, the sun and my hair are the ultimate frenemies…I love adding Ouai hair oil when I’m sitting at the beach or poolside to keep it from frizzing. As an added bonus, it locks in that extra moisture.
- I always have a wet brush on hand to keep my hair sleek whether it’s wet or dry.
- I love to unwind with a good book. The Last House Guest by Megan Miranda and Untamed by Glennon Doyle have been two recent reads that I couldn’t put down!
Shop the post below: